Here were more of my take-aways:
- Family Foundations are usually not diverse, as in they are limited to their perspectives. They may not know the ins and outs of communities they are supporting.
- Share stories that demonstrate impact
- Keep them short
- No storytelling without data to back it up
- Never use just data without a story
Next Generation Donors
- They want to be hands-on and they want to see the impact of their involvement with your organization.
For your Board of Directors
- They need to know "no money...no mission!"
- Educate them
- Fuel their passion
- Provide them with clear expectations
The Foundation Center is a great resource for nonprofits.